Saturday

Week 16

Week Sixteen: November 29 - December 5, 2008
The thing(s) I miss most from life before the belly:
___ wine with dinner
_x_ a normal sized bladder
___ my ankles

I would definitely have to say a normal size bladder! I miss sleeping though the night and not feeling like I have to pee constantly (even right after I just went).

In other news, On Saturday (November 29th) I wore the first pair of jeans that I had worn in awhile. My jeans started to get a little tight a week or so ago, so I had began living in my sweats. However, at the end of last week I received a package with my belly band! For those of you who don't know, a belly band is an elastic band that goes around the waist of pregnant women as their pants begin to get tighter. In my case, my jeans fit and zip but the button doesn't button. The belly band goes over the button to stop the pants from unzipping! It works perfectly and now I get to wear my jeans again... what a great invention!


Also this week, Hanna and Lizzie received a winter treat! They have been freezing lately (especially Hanna) because they have such little chub on them :) Grammy and Grampy sent them a little present to help warm them up!!! Don't they look pretty?!?! They love them!




Baby Development Notes:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, Baby Bodkin will double his/her weight and add inches in length. Right now, Baby Bodkin is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. The ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of the scalp has begun, though Baby Bodkin's locks aren't recognizable yet. The baby is even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, the heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day.

No comments: