Saturday

Week 18

Week Eighteen: December 13 - 19, 2008
Let the flutters begin! Week eighteen marks the beginning of the belly fluttering! I wasn't sure at first, but now I know for sure! Baby Bodkin is starting to move. I can't wait until you can start feeling it from the outside so that Eric can share in this amazing experience! Soon enough :)

Belly pic at home in front of the fireplace :) I am definitely starting to get bigger!


In other news, I am now in California visiting my fam and friends! It has been great seeing everyone and I am loving every moment! It is so nice being in the US with normal grocery stores (I am in love with the produce section), malls, a wide variety of restaurants and of course my incredible support group! I am trying to take full advantage of my short trip!

On December 14th the Petaluma family, a.k.a "The Chicken Family" according to Eric, came up to visit us. It was great seeing everyone (minus Mindy and Jody's families who couldn't make it). Hopefully when we are home this summer we will all be able to get together! Here is a group shot...



Also this week, Uncle Derek gave Baby Bodkin his/her first toy! It is so adorable! Uncle Derek loves to make animal noises, so the toy he picked out makes noises as well! I just know that the baby is going to love it! Here is a pic of Derek and I playing with the new toy. Isn't he sweet!


And of course, here are a few belly pics from the week...


Baby Development Notes:
Head to rump, Baby Bodkin is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's/she's busy flexing his/her arms and legs — movements that we'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. The blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and the ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth. If Baby Bodkin is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If Baby Bodkin is a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

No comments: