Saturday

Week 19

Week Nineteen: December 20 - 26, 2008
For the first part of the week, I was still in California visiting with my family and friends. They even gave us a baby shower before I went back to Japan. It was absolutely perfect, and so many of the special people in our lives were there with me to celebrate this momentous occasion! Thank you to everyone... I couldn't have asked for a more memorable day! For those of you who couldn't make it, you were all sorely missed! We hope to see you next visit! Here are a few pictures from the shower...


Getting ready to go to the shower.


Kelc and I before the shower.


Mom! Thanks for everything! You are amazing!


Tiff and Heather


Bec, Tiff, Katie, Steph and Imby

Lis, Tiff, Imy and Jen


Jen, Barb and Melinda


Elli and Katie


Audrey


Melinda and Jane


Judy and Chantel


Audrey, Elli, Barb, Jane, Marge and Grandma


Kari and Cassie


Nana


Marge


Auntie Shaunna


Kathy (Mrs. Panec!)


Even Pop showed up at the end to visit all of his girls!


Most of the presents minus the stroller, the Pack and Play and our bedding from Mom and Bec! Thanks for everything! You guys are so generous. I know that Baby Bodkin will love all of the presents!

Belly pic the day of the shower :)

* * * * * * * * * * *

On Monday the 22nd I started my trip back to Japan. It was sad to say goodbye, but of course I was excited to head home and spend the holidays with hubby! And on the flight back something unexpected happened... the baby kicked for the first time! You could feel it from the outside, and I couldn't believe. I was giggling to myself on the plane dying to share my news with someone. Unfortunately, the man next to me was Japanese, and I had no way of calling anyone and sharing my exciting news! It was so exciting!

* MERRY CHRISTMAS *

When I got back to Japan it was almost time to begin our Christmas celebrations!!! I had the best homecoming treat, Eric and the girls were great! They were so sweet... I missed them so much! Then on Christmas day we woke up and Eric made us (Baby Bodkin and I) breakfast. He made red and green Christmas tree shaped pancakes. He even made the cookie cutter (or pancake cutter) from scratch! He used wood and constructed a mold to make my special Christmas morning treat... isn't he sweet.

Then we opened presents and made Christmas cookies. It was a perfect Christmas morning (minus being with the rest of our loved ones). Here are a few pics from the morning...

Our happy little family!

Christmas morning belly pic in my nighty that Tiff gave me at the shower! LOVE IT!!


The outfits, snow globe and book that Mom and Dad sent Baby Bodkin for Christmas. The book is "The Night Before Christmas". Dad used to tuck us into bed on Christmas Eve and read us the story. Then when we woke up Christmas morning he would read us what Santa wrote the night before. It has been a tradition since before I was born. The first entry in our book reads, "Dear Baby Bodkin, Christmas is filled with tradition. May this book continue a wonderful tradition that your Grandpa started when your Aunt Becca was born, continued with your Mom, has also continued with your Dad and now we are passing along to you. May your holidays be filled with the love and joy that we have shared with all of our family. Though we have yet to meet you we already love you can't wait for you to be a part of our tradition, recording wonderful memories to be cherished throughout your lifetime and then passed along to your children. This tradition keeps all that is special alive forever. Love Grandma and Grandpa." On Christmas morning when we opened this package and read the entry I cried. It was so sweet!

The frame that Aunt Becca and Uncle Derek got us. It has a place for Baby Bodkin's handprint, footprint and a photo... isn't it adorable!


The clothes and baby's first soccer ball that I got for Eric to open on Christmas!

The books that Eric's Mom got the baby! I love the "Love You Forever" book! It was one of my favorites growing up! She didn't even know that... she just picked it out! How special!

Hubby with the Proud Dad shirt and Curious George stuffed animal that Becca and Derek got us! Derek is a huge fan of Curious George!


Baby Development Notes:
Baby Bodkin's sensory development is exploding! The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she/he may be able to hear your voice now!

Baby Bodkin weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now. The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on the scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments: