Saturday

Week 12

Week Twelve: November 1 - 7, 2008

Reflections:
The past twelve weeks have gone by so quickly. I can't believe that we are already done with my first trimester! WOW! I can only imagine how fast the next two are going to feel, and then we get to meet our Baby Bodkin!

Looking back, I feel blessed that I have had such an easy beginning. I have definitely had my icky days and my tired days, but overall I feel great... knock on wood that continues! I have started to eat everything again, and nothing really seems to gross me out. I am however starting to crave produce. Unfortunately, finding fresh produce here in Japan is not the easiest task. I just want some strawberries and peaches, but I guess that will have to wait until I come home in December. Yay, I can't wait to see you guys!

In belly news, I do believe that I am starting to get a little bump. You still can't really tell I am pregnant (I am just starting to look a bit chubbier), but I can tell. My belly is starting to feel a bit firmer also. I am just excited to get a real pregnant belly... soon enough!

Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive and excited! We love you guys


THE BABY HAD ITS FIRST VISITORS!!!

On Sunday (11/2), Eric and I drove into Tokyo to meet up with Audrey and Dave Evans. They came in town for a few days after they were in India and before they were off to Hawaii! It was great seeing them! We brought them to the New Sano Hotel for an American brunch! I think they needed some familiar food after traveling for so long! After our champagne brunch, in which I had to skip out on the champagne portion, we took them on the subway to Shibuya! We showed them how the train and subway systems worked and then left them on their way to explore!

It was great seeing a familiar face even if it was only for a few hours! We miss you guys! They also gave Baby Bodkin a gift! It is an old fashion, Japanese style Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal! So cute and so soft! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I know the baby will love it!



Baby Development Notes:

The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, the toes will curl, the eye muscles will clench, and the mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if I prod my abdomen, the baby will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it. The intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into the abdominal cavity about now, and the kidneys will begin excreting urine into the bladder. From crown to rump, Baby Bodkin is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

No comments: