Saturday

Week 22

Week Twenty-Two: January 10 - 16, 2009

I'm most comfortable sleeping...
___ on my back
___ on my side
_x_ Are you kidding? No way is comfortable.

Unfortunately, I am a tummy sleeper so sleeping was becoming less and less comfortable. However, I made the best purchase ever this week! I bought a Boppy Pregnancy Body Pillow!!! It was a great purchase. For anyone who is pregnant, I would highly recommend them; especially if you are usually a tummy sleeper! 

During week twenty-two Baby Bodkin's flutters definitely became more frequent and more like little karate kicks! In fact, this week Eric actually felt the baby kick! Yay! It seemed like every time he put his hand on my tummy Baby Bodkin would stop kicking :( but finally this week we timed it right! As we speak, Baby Bodkin is busy kicking away. I think that he or she is trying to help me write the blog this week :)

Also this week, I have noticed that certain things that used to be second nature are becoming more of a challenge! I have noticed that bending over the put on my shoes, sitting up after reclining on the couch and getting out bed aren't as simple as they once used to be. I can only imagine what it is going to be like as Baby Bodkin continues to grow, and I am sure that more things will start to be a challenge in the passing months! However, it makes me giggle when I can't get up... it is such a weird experience. It seems like it should be such an easy task but I just kind of roll back :)

Here is a picture of my belly at week twenty-two. As you may or may not be able to see, my belly button is quickly starting to disappear! 


Also this week, we decided to try our hands out at our first Sushi Night! It was all inspired by a sushi making kit that Eric got me. It has the sushi roller, chop sticks, a sushi making book, soy sauce dishes and a bunch more... it is great! 

Eric, Greg, Dorothy and I went to the Japanese grocery store and got a whole bunch of tasty ingredients! We ended up making tuna rolls, spicy tuna rolls, philly rolls, shrimp rolls, shrimp and tuna rolls, chicken teriyaki rolls and beef teriyaki rolls. They were all super yummy! We also made gioza and mochi bacon. For those of you who don't know, gioza is like pot stickers and mochi is pounded rice. The mochi bacon is a ball of pounded rice wrapped in bacon and then pan seared. It was a lot of fun, and we will definitely have another sushi night very soon! Here a few pictures from the night :)

Lizzie, Paris, Hanna and Cali waiting for their sushi!

Our sushi spread! YUMMY! The gioza is in the wooden box. The box is really cool because it has two layers and it keeps the food warm. The mochi bacon is on the white plate. 


Baby Development Notes:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, Baby Bodkin is starting to look like a miniature newborn. The lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and Baby Bodkin is even developing tiny tooth buds beneath the gums. The eyes have formed, but the irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside the womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers the body and deep wrinkles in the skin, which she/he'll sport until a padding of fat is added to fill them in. Inside the belly, the pancreas - essential for the production of some important hormones - is developing steadily.

No comments: